Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seth thomas clock values

Posted by bowlman (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 2, 11 at 22:31

Anyone have an idea of a asking or value price of these clocks. First one is seth thomas Dana #4 runs and looks great. Second one is a seth thomas Prospect #0 with mahogany veneer. I know its hard to set values on antiques over the internet but just wanted to get some opinions.Both clocks run and are in well above average cond. Thanks !
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seth thomas clock values

Schroeder's 2010, Kovel's 2010 & Antiques & Collectibles,Antique Trader2010 all 3 have only a handful of clocks mentioned & didn't see yours. Sorry!

o

Unfortunately not a lot. I guess people don't want something they have to wind.
Lovely clocks though.
Check completes sales on eBay....
Linda C

o

I found one like the first pic on a site for 545.00 and the second one for 195 with a poor wood finish on another site. If I could get half of that I would be very happy. That is the only ones I have found.

o

Is that asking price? or sold price....?

o

asking of course, unless it has sold and they have not removed the add. There really are not that many of them out their.

o

Here's a Dana 4 with Admintine finish....
Collector's Weekly values it at between $100 and $200.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dana #4

o

Thanks for the link. I figured 100-200 on this one. Mine is a little nicer then the one you found as far as the finsh color and style of the case in my opinion. I might list them on the big auction site.

o

I have no idea if the admintine is more "desireable" than wood....I would prefer the wood....but then what do I know!?
People are paying fancy prices for Bakelite jewelry....
What chimes do they have? I am sure that will have a bearing....and don't know if the dana 4 all chimes the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here