Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are these items

Posted by Katrinka_Fido (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 20:09

These were found in my mothers estate. The brass gloved hand one is 13 inches tall with a 3 1/2 inch base. The hands are stationary on the center post but they open like clothes pins to hold something. The acorn topped one is 11 inches tall and 4 inch base. The 3 top 'things' open also. What are they called, use and age please? Thank you in advance for any info.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are these items

I don't think they are "old"....but are guest towel holders from maybe 1970 or so?
You sat the brass things on the vanity in your guest room and the clip held a guest towel.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: towel holders

o

I have one like in the photo lindac has in her post.I bought it new about 10 years ago from a local gift shop.

o

Re-posted pics. Cuz noticed difference in gloved hand towel holder than pic in LindaC post (no rings on outside of gloves, design on glove edge different). Does anyone have info on acorn topped holder? Acorn one is very solid (heavy) for size, JAPAN stamped on bottom. Both wrapped in newspaper from August 1967. Do you still think fm 70's?
Photobucket
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here