Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zobot81

Limoges Experts?

Zobot81
11 years ago

I found this forum while online for literally hours, even days, trying to learn about a set of Limoges china I inherited from my mother.

The only things I've managed to learn in all that time and research, is that the set was painted by Paul Pastaud (or in his studio), after circa 1940--at which point, the studio mark bares his full name, and no longer includes the word "Studio".

I cannot find evidence of the pattern anywhere. In fact, I believe the china itself was made at least a few years before it was decorated. The first mark is 1918 - 1939 Touze, Lemaître Frères & Blancher (I think), which precedes the Paul Pastaud full name mark.

The set is enormous--I don't even know the names of some of the service pieces. There are (were) 24 dinner plates...now there are 23. But for the most part, it is a six person place setting. I only have four vishiswa bowls. There are giant serving dishes, gravy boats, and fruit bowls, elevated platters with built-in stands...I donno, it's far more palatial than what people generally buy today.

Does anybody recognize the pattern, at least? I would love to know ANYTHING about the set. Then have it appraised somewhere. Help? And thanks, in advanced...

Comments (3)