Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fry Glass Pitcher & Compote

Posted by maximavswife (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 18:05

Hi all! I normally post on the decor/ craft boards here on GW but I scored some cut glass at an auction over the weekend and I am hoping someone here can offer some insight. I purchased a pitcher and a tall compote that I believe to be Fry glass. Is my gut feeling right?
I have attched the link to all of the photos I have. If they are not clear enough to be of help, let me know and I will see if I can get better ones.
TIA for your help,
Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Fry Glass?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fry Glass Pitcher & Compote

Why do you think it's Fry? And not Hawkes or Dorflinger, or Libby....or any of the other makers?
Can you find a signature?
It's beautiful stuff by the way!! Lucky you!!
Linda c

o

No signature that I can find. It's just a gut feeling. If it's not Fry then I would like to know what it could be. I'd be happy no matter what it is because I love them.

Kath

o

Do research on the patterns produced by all the great Brilliant Period glass masters....and draw your own conclusion.
As I have said before....a rose by any other name...
If it's not signed....who cares who made it? It's plainly American Brilliant period cut glass dating around 1900....give or take 10 years.
But look carefully for a signature....not always on the bottom....and hard to see. Sometimes just acid etched into the glass. Look carefully!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here