Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone identify my candle holder?

Posted by tasymo (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 26, 11 at 17:43

I picked this up at Goodwill for 99 cents, and am pretty certain it is vintage, but am wondering who the maker is. It has no markings on the bottom, but looks like it might be McCoy or maybe Hull. Unfortunately there is only one, but it is in near perfect condition. Thanks for your help! Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage candleholder

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone identify my candle holder?

Looks like Van Briggle...maybe?
There were lots of art potterys who produced wares that looked like that. Your only hope for a positive ID would be to find another with a mark.
But....you see the danger of shopping in thrift stores? You now have 1....you need 2 more similar single candle sticks to create a grouping....and then you could expand that to 5....and soon you have a "collection'.
I have a friend who now has quite a collection of Roseville single candle holders....all started with one bargain.
It's very cute and would look great with some friends in a group.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Van Briggle

o
Guess what!?

It's Roseville.

Here is a link that might be useful: candle holders

o

Wow! Thanks, Lindac!! I wonder if that is an acurate price tag, or wishful thinking on Ebay? I have several matte white vintage pieces (vases and planters) that I can group this with, so just having one is O.K. with me. I love this forum!

o

Watch the sale....I think it's wishful thinking....maybe $35 to $40 would be better.
but helluva buy for $.99!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here