Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buffalo Pottery

Posted by ashley_t (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 4, 11 at 17:38

Does anyone here know anything about Buffalo Pottery? I bought a piece today from an antique store, and I'm curious to know whether it's "real" or not. My instincts are telling me it's a fake, but I literally know nothing about the company or about pottery. Either way it doesn't matter because it was cheap and it's cute, but I'm curious. Here are a few pictures:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buffalo Pottery

It has every indication of being authentic and I don't know why you'd suspicion otherwise. They made good quality product and that type of ware was their specialty. According to the article I am linking, their semi-vitreous ware was some of their earlier items. Nice piece. Good buy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Buffalo Pottery

o

Oh yeah....it's the real thing.....

o

Neat! I guess why I was thinking not real is because of the "1". I couldn't find another example of a logo with a similar number mark. Thanks for the quick replies!

Happy Friday.

o

That is darn nice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here