Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone recognize this glass pattern?

Posted by javaandjazz (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 16:15

I am posting this for a friend. His mother(who is 85) gave it to him and it was from her mother. We noticed the star of David in it but don't think it's jewish related. Thanks for your help!

IMG_2189

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone recognize this glass pattern?

It's a cake plate....and by the handle style looks like from about 1870 or so....maybe a little later.
I don't recognize the pattern....any chance it could have been made some where but the US?
Linda C

o

Look for mark or country name on of under the handles or on edge of plate, hold it up to really good light. It's interesting!! I haven't seen that pattern before. Almost looks like windows around edge.

o

It's pressed glass...almost no chance it would have a mark.
To learn more about this type of glass, check out the link below....I just got lost there for an hour!!
I don't see your plate listed, but perhaps you could email them a picture of it?
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: pattern glass

o

Got it from the Pattern Glass link above ...thanks!
The pattern of his plate or cake plate is Scroll with Flowers made by the Central Glass Co. during the 1870s.

o

Now I know another pattern!
So now are you tempted to look for other pieces in that pattern? EAPG can be addictive!
Linda C

o

This isn't my plate. It belongs to a friend of mine. We go to fleamarkets and antique shows and I'm sure we will see the pattern but not sure if he will add now. Have too much already. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here