Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelicanang

Cut/Etched Bowl ID Help Please!

angelicanang
14 years ago

Hi! I collect EAPG and etched depression glass and don't have a problem ID'ing them. This bowl, I've been going round and round trying to figure out what I bought! LOL I'm in a glass discussion group, posted pics there but no one recognized the blank (unfortunately). I'm at a loss and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help steer me in the right direction so I can finally solve this mystery!

When tapped it sounds like it is crystal. It has a polished pontil, which I've learned means it is a "quality" piece. It stands 5" tall, is 8" across the rim and the base is 4-1/2". The blank is 3/16" thick and the pattern feels cut into the blank. The cutting ranges from a dimpled feeling to deep cuts for the stems, flower cents and the blades of grass. There is wear on the base and I can find no signature. There is the number 1145 etched on the outer edge of the base.

I apologize for the pics! It's over cast and raining here. I've shopped them so you have hopefully have a good look at the pattern. I didn't see any mention on file size for pics so hopefully mine will be fine. I've recently stepped up from economy, 640 x 480, to 1280 x 960 so hopefully they won't be too big. That is when I can figure out how to post them! LOL and ggrrr all at the same time. I went to the test forum before I wrote this and there was an upload image button there but not here. So, how do I post pics? LOL

Any ideas or information would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks a lot! Have a good evening!

Comments (2)