Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cut/Etched Bowl ID Help Please!

Posted by angelicanang (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 15:56

Hi! I collect EAPG and etched depression glass and don't have a problem ID'ing them. This bowl, I've been going round and round trying to figure out what I bought! LOL I'm in a glass discussion group, posted pics there but no one recognized the blank (unfortunately). I'm at a loss and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help steer me in the right direction so I can finally solve this mystery!

When tapped it sounds like it is crystal. It has a polished pontil, which I've learned means it is a "quality" piece. It stands 5" tall, is 8" across the rim and the base is 4-1/2". The blank is 3/16" thick and the pattern feels cut into the blank. The cutting ranges from a dimpled feeling to deep cuts for the stems, flower cents and the blades of grass. There is wear on the base and I can find no signature. There is the number 1145 etched on the outer edge of the base.

I apologize for the pics! It's over cast and raining here. I've shopped them so you have hopefully have a good look at the pattern. I didn't see any mention on file size for pics so hopefully mine will be fine. I've recently stepped up from economy, 640 x 480, to 1280 x 960 so hopefully they won't be too big. That is when I can figure out how to post them! LOL and ggrrr all at the same time. I went to the test forum before I wrote this and there was an upload image button there but not here. So, how do I post pics? LOL

Any ideas or information would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks a lot! Have a good evening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cut/Etched Bowl ID Help Please!

First of all find a hosting site...like photobucket or tiny pics then up load there and follow the directions.
Can't wait to see the pictures....have you looked in the Kamm books and the Metz books for the pattern?
Linda C

o
RE: Cut/Etched Bowl ID Help Please!

paste the HTML code from photobucket into the body of your message here. When you hit Preview message, the photos should appear.
KarinL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here