Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vintage basket

Posted by suzygail (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 25, 10 at 14:36

I have tried everywhere to identify this basket. If someone can tell me how to post a picture of it, I will. I have never seen a basket quite like this one and it is driving me crazy.
Thanks
Suzygail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vintage basket

You need to make a photobucket or other free photo website account first. I just did it also and it is very easy. You then upload the photos and go to share, should an option when you click to enlarge the photo. You need to copy the html photo code and just copy and paste it in your post. Hopefully that made it sound easy. I am awful at giving directions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is a link to photobucket

o

I hope someone can help me identify this basket it is driving crazy,I can't find it anywhere and I have seen one like it before.
Suzygail

Here is a link that might be useful: Basket

o

Only the picture of the bottom is visible.
I prefer photobucket for ease of use.

o

My first picture link didn't work properly so I used the link a member sent me to photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: pics of vintage basket

o

It's a basket....hand made as are all baskets. a mixture of rattan and perhaps willow and palm? hard to tell without touching it.
It doesn't speak to me of one particular "culture"...but basket makers are an individual lot....artists.
I know a woman who makes all sorts of baskets, lovely...individual...but without the tag she ties on you would have no way of knowing who made it.
It's a very nice basket...skillfully made....let it go at that.
Linda C

o

It looks like it was made for decoration, not for actual use. Vintage could mean anything, but it looks sort of 70s, Easter basket to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here