Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyboy

Bring Linda C back

nyboy
11 years ago

Not sure what she did wrong ,but she was always willing to teach. I learned a lot fom that lady.

Comments (27)

• powermuffin
    11 years ago

Yep, I agree. Feisty lady!
    Diane

• lou_texas
    11 years ago

She was exactly what is needed, a knowledgeable responder. Isn't that why we are all here - to learn or to help others learn? Can't imagine what she could have said that would be considered bannable. This forum is much poorer w/o Linda.

• bspofford
    11 years ago

The other post indicated she was banned. I remember some of the spirited discussions between her and 'calliope', and don't think I've seen that poster either.

I agree, she was very knowledgeable, willing to share that knowledge, and didn't go on the attack, as did the other poster.

Yeah, BRING HER BACK!

Barbara

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

I had no idea, but have missed them both. I agree, bring them back.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

I didn't post much during the holidays, but after I noticed lindac's absence in mid-January, I sent her an email, expressing my hope that she was well. Of course, now I know why she did not reply through my GW email--don't know if she even received it, or if a banned GW member's email will work.

I don't recall any behavior that would warrant banning, and I, too, would like to see her reinstated.

Regarding calliope--I searched on her name, and found a couple of posts in the pet forum, in the last few weeks. Maybe she'll wander back here again soon.

• Fori
    11 years ago

I think the cooking forum did her in! :(

Linda may not always be an angel, but she was a valued contributor to many forums. She needs to get busy and make a new user ID! Break's over, Linda!

• justme4now
    11 years ago

mama_goose wrote: I sent her an email, expressing my hope that she was well. Of course, now I know why she did not reply through my GW email--don't know if she even received it, or if a banned GW member's email will work."

You might try ...

lindaca@mchsi.com

• nyboy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just menow tried that email came back returned.

• nanny98
    11 years ago

I miss her on more than one forum.....and, don,t "get" how this banning business works . She is a wealth of knowledge on many subjects . Someone must be very jealous!

• Stocky
    11 years ago

I don't frequent this forum anymore because of her behavior to me and others .
    I had no idea she was banned .

Karma is a ...... you know what .
    I imagine she got what she deserved .

• moonshadow
    11 years ago

Without naming names, let's not overlook the other knowledgeable members here who have strong backgrounds in various areas and are willing to take time to post their viewpoints, share their expertise and help us all learn. They are appreciated as well !

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

moonshadow, absolutely! I'm not an expert (not even close) but I love antiques. As a fairly recent internet convert, when I joined GW, I wasn't very well versed in search techniques. Searching for info and examples of an item is a way that I can help, or at least participate, now.

And speaking of GW history, I've been here for only a few years. I know there are a lot of discussions that I've missed, but I'm willing to accept everyone based on his/her treatment of me. If you can give me some helpful information - great. If not, I'll scroll on by. (Well, I'll try.)

Thank you, to all of you who lend your expertise, your advice, and especially your humor, to this forum.

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

At times Linda didn't choose her words wisely, and sounded offensive, even though her intent was that of trying to help the poster, but blatantly rude won't be tolerated on these forums for too long.

She definitely was a person of expertise, and a shame she was banned. Re-reading a post before hitting submit is always a good idea. If *you* think the words may be misconstrued as being rude, mean, condescending, etc., they most likely, are. ;o)

• chibimimi
    11 years ago

I cannot recall Linda ever being as blunt or downright rude as some of the posters on some of the other boards. She was straightforward, yes, and occasionally had a difference of opinion with someone else, but she never displayed the cantankerousness of certain people on those boards, who seem to delight in insulting and humiliating others.

• Ideefixe
    11 years ago

Banned? Oh please. ivillage needs to wise up! She should have been paid for her knowledge!

• chibimimi
    11 years ago

Is anyone sure she was banned? Is it possible she's just away for awhile?

• justlinda
    11 years ago

My thought also - maybe just away for a bit. She is needed for her wide variety of knowledge on many different subjects.

• maddielee
    11 years ago

If you follow the Cooking forum (Conversations side) you would know she was banned.

I also miss her and the knowledge she shared. And am sorry that someone can have another person banned.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

I'm starting to feel as if I'm talking about lindac behind her back, although I know that she can read this. And anything that's posted on GW is public--anyone can find it, if so inclined. If you google 'gardenweb lindac', the first entry is a thread with members stating that they've heard from her. I'm happy that her absence is not because of illness or other misfortune--being banned from GW doesn't even come close to some things.

patty_cakes, excellent advice!

• annie1971
    11 years ago

I miss Linda too. There's a 150 post thread on the cooking/conversations forum about Linda's absence. I don't think any one person had her banned; from what I gather from the thread, she just racked up too many complaints. We who were not a party to the actual discussion will probably never really know what brought it to an end. They've removed the negative or offending comments from the original post (and it wasn't only Linda doing the jousting).
    I would like to see her back here again. If anyone finds her on another forum -- let us know.

• texasredhead
    11 years ago

A couple of years back I was involved in a chain discussion all of which was removed and I recived a warning. As a result, I try to keep my postings as civil as possible. It is best, IMO, to keep on subject without personal attacks. Many of us are involved in many ways of antique knowledge and/or collectibles of some variety without sounding as if we are the final word on the subject.

• mfrog
    11 years ago

I have witnessed some of the attacks on people, I don't really blame GW for banning her. Like Texasredhead says, many of us are involved with antiques in one way or another & all our knowledge is helpful, not just one person, especially as things are very regional. There have been times when I know the info she is giving is incorrect, but I never wanted to be on the receiving end of one of her arguments. We can be wrong & all learn from each other, I have been in the trade for 15 years & still learn new things everyday.

• Richard Dollard
    11 years ago

I was wondering what happened to her, I have noticed she wasn't replying to posts anymore.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

I have been missing her on the cooking forum, but now, I'm missing her input from here. Except, she still helped me. I used her link to identify a depression era piece daddy gave me this weekend. Thanks Linda!

Now if I could just figure out what design/maker the cut glass pitcher is?

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Sorry she is gone. Rob go to library & see if they have a research book on cut glass. There were a lot of patterns. I look at 1 at our library but we live in large valley so might have better resources. But you have to look at it there so best to have a pic of your item, if they have a book or can get 1 on loan. I've got a book on Pairpoint with some cut glass on their lamps & dresser sets as they did that along with their metal work & silver items. If you put it on here maybe someone will know & I'll see if I can find it in my book.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Thanks Sunny! I may try your suggestion. Didn't mean to derail...

back to LindaC

:)

• tonylyn
    11 years ago

I lurk on this forum quite often but do not post. I found LindaC to be downright rude and very arrogant at times.