Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

What do you think about this chair?

nhb22
14 years ago

I don't have anymore information on the chair, but something about it speaks to me. Not too long ago, I bought from CL, an antique bamboo shelf for my island themed bathroom. Got a good buy on it! :) I was thinking this chair would look good in the adjacent bedroom, that is similar in coloring. I don't know about cost.

Do you think this chair could be old? I am not sure what "real" translates to in the description. lol

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (8)

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Not sure why the link didn't show up. Let me try this again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chair

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

There are many faux bamboo chairs, etc. This is bamboo.

• igloochic
    14 years ago

It's a decent looking chair for sixty bucks :) What's the worst thing that could happen? You paint it and put it in the garden!

• lindac
    14 years ago

I think it's a good deal. The seller says it's real bamboo. Looks like it needs a cushion to me.
    I think it would echo what you have in the bathroom nicely...but you will likely have about $175 to $200 in it by the time you get it "tricked out" with new cushion and a throw pillow and a pretty throw draped over.
    Linda C

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL, isn't that the truth!

I am kind-of over it, though. I first saw the listing right after church and got excited, posted here, and didn't get any responses until checking now. I don't know, maybe I'm just tired.

I'll contact the seller and see what I can find out about condition, etc.. The seat looks cane and I wonder if it could be used without cushion, although it would be more decorative rather than used. I could probably find a ready made cushion that would do. The main thing is condition and price.

Perhaps I should offer $50 if it is in great shape. Not interested if it is not. I'll report back.

• lindac
    14 years ago

If you are not doing the heavy breathing over the chair....wait a couple of days and offer $25.

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I found a VERY similar chair on eBay. Starting bid is $60, with no bids. The chair is missing a piece or two. After close inspection of CL chair, I think it may be missing some bars in the lower back of chair.

I am going to sleep on it, and then email the seller in the morning.

PS - Showed the chair to my daughter, It's her old room that I would put the chair in. She thinks the chair is just OK.

Thank you!

• nhb22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am getting bad about linking. LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Bamboo chair