Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Haviland China Sale Advice

Posted by Marshall37 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 12:50

Hello All! I recently have acquired three sets of antique Haviland China. The sets include a Theodore Haviland Schleiger No. 877, Theodore Haviland Schleiger No. 156-6, and a Chas Field Haviland CHF 1385. All together I have almost 300 pieces of excellent condition china and I am looking for advice on how best to put these sets up for sale. China, as is known, is very difficult and expensive to ship. Anyone have any ideas about dealers, buyers, of this type of China? Also, any information on the rarity of the patterns would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Haviland China Sale Advice

I don't know where you live, but if it is near a major metro area, contact a reputable antique dealer and pose your question. A quality dealer will know the important things about your china. That person might buy it outright or, for a fee, send you in the right direction. Don't go with the first one, get comments from at least three dealers.

Be aware that the dealers will want to make a profit on the re-sale, so you won't be getting estimates that are top dollar.

Don't list it on a central 'sale' site. See if your local library carries The Antique Trader. They have all kinds of ads that might lead you in the right direction.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here