Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More 'Whatizzit'

Posted by garlicjim (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 10:41

Isn't this fun?!?!?

Funny looking little man about 2.5 inches tall. Looks to be
"pewter" but not sure. Got with some collectibles.

His Attire looks like civil-war era dress.

NEXT CASE=INDIAN POTTERY

This is a beautiful pot with 11 images across the top. It has only a signature which I can't read.

Hopefully, someone can give me some idea about this as far as it's age, origin, and value. New Mexico, where we live, has a lot of pottery makers from way, way back as well as more recent artists.

img=http://www.garlic.com/~jimd/indian-bowl1.ipg>

If these links aren't clickable, you can cut and paste each one removing the .

Many thanks,

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More 'Whatizzit'

The figure looks like John Barleycorn to me...perhaps a cork was fastened to the bottom at one time.
The pot isn't American Indian....I think it was made by someone in a pottery class who's name was Kris.
Linda c

o

Ive seen the man before...not sure where.

o

Thanks guys.

Linda, I have a nice piece of pottery that you might think was made in a pottery class because Lorenzo had her name scratched on the bottom of it . Actually, it isn't Pueblo, but that's what I called the image. Or, all kidding aside, do you have some knowledge of pottery? I don'tm except what I can dig up on the internet. That's why I asked here .

Regards,

Jim

Stuck in the deserts of Deming, NM 'cause the whole south of the state is 'closed' because of dust storms. Reminds me of the movies about Oklahoma years ago!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jim's Pictures

o

Oh yeah......!
I know just enough about Indian pots to be dangerous.
Nice pot....not Santa Clara, not Acoma...likely not Jimez, nor San Iledefonso...maybe Zuni?
Where did you get it and how big is it?

o

The pot Mata Ortiz

It's 11" tall and 10" in diameter.

It's from an estate sale.

I listed it on eBay.

Some of the roads are open, but I-10 is still closed from Tx to AZ. It'll open soon, tho. Wind has stopped.

Regards,

Jim

o

Oops.....sorry....it's Mexican!
But a well regarded potter.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Mata Ortiz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here