Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have any idea of value of an old Pram

Posted by rjinga (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 9:58

I dont have a picture at this moment (and I realize that will matter in the accurate assesment of my question)

BUT, I have a vintage pram in decent clearly used condition. It will need some major cleaning and minor repairs. I am wanting to get some idea of it's resale value, at least a ballpark idea of what they might sell for both in this condition and also cleaned up and repaired.

It is mechanically sound, the issues it has are cosmetic and are from normal wear and tear (and the dirt is from years of storage by the person it came from).

I realize this may be too broad of a question (so there's no need to scold me for lack of info, I'm quite aware that this is a shot in the dark without exact details of the item in question).

In general, I'm just wondering if any has any experience with them, or if anyone has any thoughts on the topic? I'd love to hear from you. meanwhile, I'll get a picture of it today and come back this afternoon and post it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have any idea of value of an old Pram

You know you won't get any answer without lots more info....wicker? leather? Big wheels? Style? how old? Is there a maker's name? etc.
I know that old prams are often used for decorative purposes.....even in poor condition....and good old prams that can be cleaned up are great for a baby.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here