Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dining Chairs

Posted by SharonaZamboni (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 9:24

My mom has three or four of these chairs. Can anyone tell me about them? Not very visible in the photos, but there are casters on the front legs. Thanks!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dining Chairs

Victorian side or parlor chairs. Eastlake influence....about 1880's. Walnut....been reupholstered.
Nice!
Linda C

o

Yes, extremely nice and Eastlake style. If these have been reupholstered, it's been awhile, and somebody did a very nice job with good choice in materials. I had one, not as nice as these, I got an an auction for a song. DH broke it down with the intent of regluing and then cleaned out his woodshop and pitched it. I am still grieving for it. LOL.

o

I've always liked them, and she's asked me to see how much they're worth for sale. I'm thinking of keeping them for myself :) Any ideas as to the cash value? I'm thinking that there are only three, a set of four would have stuck in my mind.

o

Those parlor chairs often were made in "sets"...with a ladies chair a gentleman's chair and perhaps a corner chair or a small settee....or any or all of the above. Linked below are pictures of a complete set.
Worth? 3 chairs? A dealer would probab ly give you about $75 each for them.....and offer them as a set for $500.

Here is a link that might be useful: parlor set

o

Thanks, all! I ran across that photo earlier, and I so love the rocker!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here