Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'saw' horses'

Posted by jasfind (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 9:21

Hi. I have had theses for ages. I do not have the piece that must slide into the two sides.The wood is so old it seems petrafied. 36 hight ,36 bottom. Any thoughts

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'saw' horses'

Photobucket
Photobucket

Hmmm....what do you suppose? maybe for hanging a quilt?

o

Don't suppose you could hang a bassinet off them could you? Definitely nursery something though!

o

Never see anything like them before.

They would need some sort of a lateral stabilizer to keep from tipping sideways with a cradle or swing hung between them. Is there any sign of that on the back side?

o

Hi all. All I know is that their old.There is nothing to make them stand. Maybe a baby swing,minus the connecting piece. Has to be baby/kid related. Thank you
john

o

Stylistically it looks Scandinavian IMO.

o

I notice in the background there is another frame like the one in the foreground. Do you have 4 of these?

If you have 4 and a some other parts, these could be assemblied into a quilting frame. For a quilting frame, the rectangular hole would be about 30 to 36 inches from the floor.

o

HI J.D. No I have just the two.I guess that for now,they will remain un-known
john

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here