Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coachgrd

Help finding old ballpark seats

coachgrd
13 years ago

Hello everyone. I've come here in complete frustration with a search for old ballpark seats. I have searched the 'net under every term I can think of and all that's out there is seating from prominent venues like Yankee Stadium, Tiger Stadium, etc. I'd like to acquire and restore a seat or two, but where it's from I do not care, I just cannot afford $800 (as-is) to $2000 (completely restored) for ones I did find online from more famous parks.

I find it hard to believe there were not small parks with similar seating that would not run as much. Do any of you know where I might find one or two seats like this? There are some dealers online but they all deal specifically with seats from the big, more famous places.

Here is a link to a seat like the one I'm interested in:

http://www.thestadiumshoppe.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_311&products_id=2019

Many thanks in advance for any direction you can give me!

Comments (9)

• dotz_gw
    13 years ago

Did you look on Ebay? They have some that sell for 200.00 to 300.00 from Texas Stadium with free shipping, this is the buy now price. Was looking to buy one for a gift, but from a specific stadium, but if you dont care, those are buy it now prices...

• coachgrd
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, I looked on ebay but was hoping to find a seat at a cheaper price perhaps because it came from a smaller venue, like a lesser known minor league stadium or local ballpark. It's the chair I want, where it came from isn't of real importance.

• Fori
    13 years ago

Gee, a few years ago you almost could have bought the entire Tiger Stadium for $2k.

I am verrrrrry curious about your decorating scheme, coach! :)

• coachgrd
    Original Author
    13 years ago

fori...I've been a long suffering Browns fan for 35+ years. My wife finally gave me the green light to turn a room into a Browns "mancave." It's not east decorating in burnt orange and brown, so this will be a challenge!

As for the chair, I thought it would be neat to have an old stadium seat in the room, even if it were not from the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium, I just cannot find any seats!

Yah, you're right about the old Tiger Stadium too...and now those seats are going for big bucks!

• Fori
    13 years ago

Oh! Well then you definitely need those seats. Good luck!

• lazypup
    13 years ago

Contact the groundskeeper at your local high school or nearby high schools.

A few years ago I worked maintenance in a school district and they had hundreds of those seats tossed in a huge pile in a room under the football grandstand. They probably would have given you the whole pile if you supplied transportation & labor.

• coachgrd
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Seriously lazypup? Where bouts was the HS?

• calimama
    13 years ago

coach, I know Jungle Jims in Fairfield OH had a bunch they were selling from Riverfront stadium a couple years back. Not sure if they still have them or if it would be a no-no for a Browns fan to have Bengals seats, but you might check.

• Fori
    13 years ago

Might check for old theater seats as well--some of them might be a close enough style to look right when you paint them.