Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steel Desk/Credenza

Posted by mfriedel05 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 8:20

We just bought a old steel credenza that has removable doors so we took those off to use it as a desk. The person we purchased this from said that it is a General Fireproofing credenza. There is actually a smaller desk on the side but we put the 2 together to make an L-shaped desk. I would really like to know any info on these pieces that anyone might know. There is no marking of manufacturer on either piece. I found images online of GF desks but all the legs are different than the one we purchased. Here are a couple images....if you have any info I would appreciate it. Thanks

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steel Desk/Credenza

I think the legs have been changed, I've seen something like this before but can't remember where, dr. office,in 60's maybe. I'm wondering if they weren't made for casters so could be moved?

o
RE: Steel Desk/Credenza

Thanks for the info.....I was thinking the same thing about the legs because I can't find any online pics with the same legs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here