Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Umbrella Kids cookie jar lid

Posted by retired2012 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 22:01

Can anyone tell me where i can get a lid for my Umbrella Kids Cookie Jar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Umbrella Kids cookie jar lid

Google "cookie jar collectors" there are lots....then ask and keep on asking.

o

The thing is, the lids usually get broken first. One can find jars without lids easier than they can find lids without jars through collectors. I live in the vicinity where many art potteries were located, and the pottery sales lots often have tubs of odd lids purchased when the potteries were doing their production runs. IOW extras. The availability of finding an extra lid here is much higher than anywhere else I can think of, if you know what you are looking for, and if it's a line produced locally over the years.

How old is your cookie jar? Who made that line? Where?

o

the line is maybe from 1950-1969 era and made by American Bisque stamped with a 739 on the bottom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here