Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking For Information on This Platter

Posted by country_bumpkin_al (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 3, 10 at 21:31

Front:

Symbol on Back:

I know these aren't the greatest pictures, but I was in a storage building..using my cell phone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking For Information on This Platter

I can't get the mark any larger, do you know what the words are? Something Crest I think. I'll look later & see if I can find anything. Taking mom to have cataract surgery so checking in as couldn't get on last night, site down for maintenance (missed it!!! guess that means I'm hooked!!) Oh, It seems like similar to "Cattails" I think it that is any help.

o
RE: Looking For Information on This Platter

I think the mark is Grant Crest... pattern is Pink Crocus...see these links:

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/GRTPIC.htm

http://www.tias.com/13691/PictPage/3923716091.html

Di

o
Same shade as Cat -tail platter

That's it. Didn't find anything about the Grantcrest Co. But interesting that Cat-Tail by Universal Potteries of Cambridge, Ohio used the same blank for the platter. Wonder if they were connected. This had Sears Roebuck & Co. on it so they commissioned it for their catalog from 1934-1956 so I have an idea that is the age of your dishes. Universal used Cat-Tail design on kitchenware,tinware,glassware,furniture & table linens. So popular patterns often got other companies started with similar patterns.

o
Grantcrest!

Just go to Google & type in Grantcrest china & it was the large dimestore W.? Grant. (Forgot the 2nd initial of the man-long day got up at 3 am.) Anyway you can learn more there!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here