Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brownfield & Sons - Woodlands pattern china

Posted by oldstuff4me (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 12 at 20:44

I was in a charity thrift shop today and I came across 3 dinner plates and a 16" platter of the Brownfield & Sons Woodlands (blue) pattern china.

I had never seen this pattern before, but I knew instantly that they were very old (according to replacements.com, this pattern was discontinued circ. 1889)

So now, the question is ... What am I going to do with it? LOL... I bought the 4 pieces on a whim, and didn't really have a plan for them.

Does anyone have any unique ideas on how to display these very special pieces?

Incase you're not familiar with the pattern... here's a photo.

Brownfield & Sons - Woodlands, Discontinued circa 1889

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brownfield & Sons - Woodlands pattern china

That's adorable!

I sometimes hang plates in bathrooms since they're more waterproof than Grandma's watercolor paintings. Not especially unique, but practical. :)

Can you hang the platter behind your stove?

o

Great pattern....I haven't seen it before!
Use the plates for serving cookies, horsdouvres, side dishes.....when you use the platter. surely you have some plain white china that they will go with.
Or you could use it as a start of a collection....
It's really a lovely pattern!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodlands

o

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hanging the platter behind the stove is a great idea, but won't work in my kitchen :( Hanging the plate(s) in the bathroom is clever. We are about to renovate our main bathroom... perhaps these plates will be my decor inspiration.

Lindac... funnily enough, I don't have a set of plain white china... but I can definitely see that I need to get one! I also have a platter from the Johnson Bros. English Chippendale (red/pink) pattern and I intend to collect more of it... So having a set of plain white would work in that regard as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here