Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help identifying a vintage pottery lamp

Posted by onegroovydude (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 18:05

Hello. I was out this weekend and found this really pretty green vintage pottery lamp. It's got the same exact cord as the other lamp I posted but this one isn't fraying yet. I was trying to find some information on it, and thought you guys might be able to help. Judging by the cord, and socket, I'm assuming maybe 20's or 30's. Here's what I got. What do you think?
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/onegroovydude/c6c18492.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help identifying a vintage pottery lamp

Hi! I don't know much about much, but it reminds me of some pieces that my grandma used to have. She had 2 vases and one of them looked almost identical to your lamp. It seems to me like something made and purchased in the 60's or 70's. I just tried to call my grandma to ask her when she bought the vases, but she doesn't remember the ones i am talking about. She hasn't owned them in years, probably went the way of the yard sale. She had them when I was a kid, and I was born in 1984, so they're at least that old. Lol that doesn't help you at all probably but just thought I would give you my 2 cents. :)

o

My impression is 1940 to early 1950s.

o

That looks just like one my mother had back in the 70's. She may have gotten it from her mother which could possibly date it in the 1940's. May want to seach ebay see if anything similar is posted.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay

o

"It's got the same exact cord as the other lamp I posted but this one isn't fraying yet."

You never did describe the cord on your other lamp. It would certainly be helpful. Is it a cloth covered cord or not? That in itself is an important clue and could take the date back further than what the appearance of the lamp style suggests because it does scream 40s/50s.

o

Based on your picture, I would say after 1939 and this is only based on the removable harp which I believe was patented around then.

If you think that all of the parts are original, it would help to see the cord & plug as well as a better shot of the socket, i.e. closeups of the inside and outside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here