Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sonicstef

Mohlhenrich Furniture?

sonicstef
16 years ago

Anyone know anything about Mohlhenrich Furniture?

The only piece of furniture left in the neglected house Im restoring was this large, ornate table. It was extremely heavy. After many months of renovation, the table got upended onto the kitchen island so the floors could be sanded and finshed.

Thats when I noticed this tag on the underside

I did a google search and found very little.

Anyone know anything about this company?

Comments (15)

• lindac
    16 years ago

Never heard of it....but what else does tht tag say? And what does the table look like. Perhaps the style will give a clue as to era and make thr search easier.
    Linda C

• sonicstef
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The tag just has a name and address on it. No other clues really.

• lindac
    16 years ago

But.....what is the address? And what does it say below? Mr Harris???

• sonicstef
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Label printing says:
    The Mohlhenrich Furniture Co
    305 President Street Baltimore, MD

Its addressed to:
    Mr Harris
    c/o Rans Bros. (or maybe its Sans or Lans?)
    150 Lafayette Street
    New York, Ny

The address didn't give me much information. Its a very large building in NYC that holds multiple stores and commercial space now.

• daesaflgatorfan
    16 years ago

Companies used to put the name of the purchaser on their labels during shipping. Mom had a dresser which was done this way, shipped all the way to Gran in NW Florida via train, before the Depression.

Unforunately, she had my brother place it in a shed, where termites got to it.

• mddive62_aol_com
    13 years ago

i have a dining room set made by mohlhenrich furniture. 1. sideboard 38"high 78"long
    2. flat front china cabinet 68"high 43" long
    3. Db Pedestal dinning table w/2 leaves 30" high 45"wide
    64" long
    4.eight highback upholstered chairs 6 side 2 arm 42" high 18"wide

its being called art deco style in the appraisal i have from 1984. i to am looking from any infromation to sell it.

• lizzynewt62_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I have this furniture in 5 separate pieces with table and chairs and need information on this set.

• Valerie Frank
    8 years ago

Must be nice- look at this C-list ad ... http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/fuo/5013560149.html

• voila
    8 years ago

How do you find posts that are years old?

• Valerie Frank
    8 years ago

By Googling Mohlhenrich Furniture.

• HU-898369502
    4 months ago

This was built in Baltimore by my great grandfather Chester and brother John Mohlhenrich in the early 1900s…awesome to see it still around and in good shapeor.

• juliethalerdmd
    2 months ago

HU-898369502

We are related, then. He was my great grandfather too.

My grandmother was Julia Wells Mohlhenrich Fossey, the daughter of John Molhhenrich.

if you have more information about the family, I would really love to communicate with you. 😊

• HU-546260731
    26 days ago

I have a bedroom set and a dining hutch and a buffet table and a dining room table all made by him and even have the add that was in the paper for the bedroom set and i still cant find anything more than anyone else. To me thus is weird

• HU-736114816
    14 days ago

Check with Linda Mohlhenrick in Miami, Fl. believe her family from baltimore maryland were furniture makers