Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
monet wedding ring set? charm

Posted by kristielove21 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 1, 10 at 16:56

I recieved a small charm from a great aunt of mine who recently passed and I just was trying to find out some stuff about it. I've done a little research but not much. It's a gold wedding ring set on a little clasp that looks like it was originally a necklace. Online I found others exactly the same except the one I have is gold. The silver ones are vintage from the 70s and are on charm bracelets so I was wondering if the gold was maybe a later reproduction?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: monet wedding ring set? charm

What is the marking on it?
And a picture would help....I have no idea what a "gold wedding ring set on a little clasp" is...how big? Is there a stone?
I suspect that sort of charm has been made for years....and there is no "one" nor a reproduction of that "one". I think a charm of a set of rings was made by many company for years, in gold, silver, gold filled and silver tone....which is a euphemism for "junk".
Linda C

o

When I was in high school in late 50's we all had either chunky bracelets with lots of stuff hanging down or more dainty bracelets consisting of real gold or real silver chain with several gold or silver charms representing the girl's hobbies, swimmer, bowler, sewing stuff,ballerina etc, then as we married some girls added to their bracelets & probably were proud they were married & added some rings. I think bracelets like that have been in vogue a couple of times since, I bought my DD charms for her's in 80's. Something young girls have enjoyed over many years. Monet is marked. Might get an LED flashlight as they give "outdoor" light & easier to see marks on jewelry(& slivers in your fingers!!)LOL

o

I have a gold "ring set", that I was given as a wedding shower memento. It is 10K and very pretty. A jeweler once told me that what I thought was a diamond "chip", was really a very small cut diamond! I rec'd the bracelet and several charms in the 60's...I am still wearing it, and occasionally add another charm!

o

Monet made costume jewelry, not fine jewelry. Is it marked?

Here is a link that might be useful: Charm Bracelets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here