Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique Old World Maps For Office Decor

Posted by BlueMorpho (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 2, 11 at 15:24

Does anyone know where I can find antique map prints of the maps below. I have seen several reprints on websites but I dont know if there is a place where I can purchase the actual antiques. I feel they would be the perfect decor for my office. If any one can help it would be greatly appreciated.

John Speed Map

Atlas Novus

Blau Atlas Novus

Nova Totious Terrarum Orbis Geographica
ac Hydrographica Tabula by N. I. Piscator (1656)

Nova Totious Terrarum Orbis Geographica
<BR>ac Hydrographica Tabula by N. I. Piscator (1656)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique Old World Maps For Office Decor

Google Antique maps....or antique prints....there are lots out there for sale.
Linda C

o

He just signed up, think he is selling these!

o

If he is selling he doesn't make it easy to find out where...
No link and he's looking to buy real antiques....not prints.

o

Im looking for old prints from reputable dealers. I am located in NY but frequent Boston. I discovered the hard way that the internet is not the place to buy collectibles.

o

He said he wanted the originals, not reporductions, well good luck! The maps shown are collectors items. Have you seen the appraised value of these on the "Antiques Road Show"?

The maps shown were made before much was known about the upper half of North America and the Aluetian Chain. The artic region of Canada is only hinted; Missing are Anartica, Austraila, and Hawaii. South America and Africa are distorted. An original in good condition for this period is worth thousnads of dollars.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here