Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with identifying little pewter (?) figures

Posted by Joociefruit (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 14:50

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with a little mystery!
I have just bought two little figures of men (?) from a back street junk shop. They are sitting on stools and look to be raising a glass or cup. When you turn them upside down, it looks like the stool might be used as a rest or to pin something down. They are very modernist looking with flat looking faces.
There are no marks on these little things. They are around 2.5" high and weigh 93g each. They are not magnetic and they sort of have a pewter look/feel about them.
Any help on what they might be used for, how old they might be or who they're made by would be gratefully received.
For all I know they could be from a local £1 shop! Many Thanks! Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with identifying little pewter (?) figures

Well, Karen, I think you've stumped us all! It's possible they are purely decorative and were never meant to have a practical application, such as chopstick holder or Christmas stocking hanger. They almost look like something out of Star Wars!

o

It's still a mystery this end too! I would have thought they were decorative if there wasn't a pair but that could just be a red herring. A guy I work with suggested ring holders but again there is a pair and not very 'girly'! I guess I'll just have to keep guessing! Thank you for taking the time to check it out for me!

o

Alien toy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here