Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Robinson Ransbottom Pottery

Posted by happylady1957 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 25, 10 at 14:25

Hello All,

Several years ago, I came across some pottery in a hardware store in Wiscasset, ME. The bottom has a "crown" type of marking, and is labeled Robinson Ransbottom. It is a dark mustard color,and quite heavy for its size. I bought a pie plate, and a medium sized bowl. I would dearly love more pieces, but understand the firm is out of business. Can anyone fill me in on this stuff? I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy all the different pieces that hardware store had, but was being cautious and wanted to make sure I loved it. I do!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Robinson Ransbottom Pottery

I'm not familiar with the dark mustard color made by RRP but I collect the Sunburst pattern pots and they have no marks on the bottom. In the link below, it's the third pot to the right.
Di

Here is a link that might be useful: Robinson Ransbottom Pottery Company

o

I have a few pieces of their Zephyrus line - a pitcher and a a few bowls. EBAY has a few pieces of RR from time to time .

Here is a link that might be useful: Zephyrus

o

Thanks to you both for your replies. I spoke with a fellow from Zanesville, who was very helpful. He said that RRP went out of business in 2003, and that pieces were sometimes available on ebay. He was familiar with the pattern, and said that it was manufactured toward the end of their reign. He also said that whomever took over the company was supposedly coming out with new pieces, but that they would be in more modern colors.

I guess I'll keep haunting ebay and yard sales. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here