Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
auctions....

Posted by patty_cakes (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 9, 10 at 14:09

Do any of you make purchases from auctions, and if so, which ones? Do you buy for yourself or re-sale? I've been buying from the shopgoodwill.com site for my space at the antique mall, as well as Christmas gifts this year~I got a lot of old Fisher-Price for my Grandbabies. I find even w/shipping some of my purchases have been a bargain when comparing to ebay. ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: auction

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: auctions....

I've bought through Goodwill auctions and been very happy with my purchases, too. Some things have been true bargains but most have been 'reasonable' purchases price-wise. Maybe I could have purchased them for less but I never had to leave and hunt for them, and I consider that a big savings.

One of my purchases I surely overpaid for, but I don't care. It's an oil portrait that just spoke to me and as a result I probably bid far more than it's actual worth, but I love having it in my home so that's all that really matters. If I pro-rate the cost over time, it was really a bargain!
Rationalizing is my strong suit ;-)

o

I have been on GW auctions many times before, and have bid on mainly art. In this case, it would have been for my home, not my booth. I also bid (but didn't win) on some nice leather coats I was planning to send to my cousin in Canada. I have found very unique art on the site

o

I like Shop Goodwill.com but the descriptions are very often wrong.

o

I go to the Crumpton Auction in Maryland. It is only Weds beginning spring through fall. Too much fun! I take my partner in crime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here