Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hermis_gw

Value of Ethan Allen Cobbler's Bench 1960s

Hermis
12 years ago

I would like to know the value of an Ethan Allen Cobbler's bench coffee table and matching end table. My grandmother says is from the 1960's. I can't find anything like it online. I called Ethan Allen and they can't tell me if it' something prior to 1965. Here are pictures. Please, if you have any suggesions, please let me know.

https://picasaweb.google.com/hermis3/EthanAllenFurniture?authuser=0amp;authkey=Gv1sRgCMyBi5mj-47VGw&feat=directlink
{{gwi:1376689}}Ethan Allen Furniture

Comments (3)

• Ideefixe
    12 years ago

Aren't these sorts of older pieces of furniture usually worth whatever someone wants to pay? It's not an antique nor a unique piece, made by some craftsman.

• lindac
    12 years ago

It's a sturdy piece of used furniture. That faux antiques style was popular in the early 1960's. It's rather fallen out of favor...the cobbler's bench that is.
    So If you want to sell it....I'd say what ever you can get for it...$100? maybe?
    Linda C

• palimpsest
    12 years ago

Look on eBay to compare prices. Actually the faux colonial stuff is starting to pop up here and there in magazines, particularly the quirky stuff (irony, perhaps?).

I saw some Cushman Colonial stuff in Elle Decor or one of those mags recently.

So, it is worth only what someone will pay for it, but there may be a market for it. The Heywood Wakefield Cobblers benches sometimes do pretty well on eBay. They ship well though because you can take the legs off.