Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I-95 Antique Shops just off the highway CT-FL

Posted by javaandjazz (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 13:00

The end of March we are driving down to Orlando, Florida. We have found a few antique places along the way in the past but I am sure there are some shops we have missed. We really enjoy stopping in Selma, NC. There are many shops in the old downtown. It's good for a few hours of walking. Also, if any of you know of any antique shops around Orlando or in the vicinity that would be great too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I-95 Antique Shops just off the highway CT-FL

Old Town area of Petersburg VA has some interesting little shops. Heading South on 95, take the Washington St exit & follow the signs to Old Town & the Visitors Center. The neighborhood looks a little rough going in but Old Town is a treasure trove of restored 19th century buildings with shops & restaurants worth the stop.

o

Thank you!

o

Lambertville, NJ: About 25 minutes or so off I-95, north on Route 29. You could easily spend a day in Lambertville, which is full of antique shops, art galleries, restaurants, two used book stores. In fact, you could easily spend the day in Lambertville and another going up and then back down along the river, stopping in the various river towns. There is also the very touristy New Hope, PA, across the bridge from Lambertville. I believe there are still antique shops there, but we usually mosey over to New Hope only to eat at Tastebuds or a vegan restaurant, Sprig and Vine. Both highly recommended.

Back to Lambertville, here is a link to some of the town's antique shops. I don't know how current it is:

http://www.lambertville.org/main.php?cntr%40fubc%40cntrtebhc1%40FUBCF%40cntrtebhc2%40NAGVDHRF

There is also the Golden Nugget Antique Market, which you would pass before reaching Lambertville. It's mentioned in that link.

Another article discussing the town's antique shops:

http://frenchtowner.com/travel/lambertville-new-jersey-antiques/

That article mentions David Rago Auctions. If they're having a preview on the day you visit, I'd highly recommend that you stop by. It'd be well worth it.

o

Hi!! I live in Orlando, and can certainly give you a listnof awesome shops! Tell me though, are you more interested in American antiques, foreign rustic styles, reclaimed materials, or what? I would love to point you in the right direction for your particular tastes. :)

o

I can tell you about ocala antiques shops if you want to know. There are so many stores for antiques there. According to me, you should give it a try.

Here is a link that might be useful: antiques ocala fl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here