Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ww2 china cabinet info needed

Posted by lafave3 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 9, 10 at 12:51

I have a ww2 china cabinet that i inherited after my grandmother past away. All of the wood matches up to form "V" and that "V" theme is seen throughout the piece. The only info on this piece we have is that there were 5 sets made in this style during ww2. I also have a dresser with all the same "V" wood . Nobody in the family knows who made it or where it came from..i believe she bought it from the Grand Rapids MI area..I have a picture of the cabinet but can not figure out how to get it to this site. I can e-mail it though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ww2 china cabinet info needed

I am afraid no one can tall you anything with out a picture.
I suspect that what you have is a piece with "v' shaped grain in the veneer and some creative person extrapolated that to a "WW II cabinet".
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here