Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1893 Avery Planter Co catalogue for those interested

Posted by gdm40 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 12:13

I posted a follow up to my original message regarding this piece.

I reconsidered and decided to list it up for auction on eBay on the simple premise (you can't take it with you). And not exactly being young. I would hate to see it accidentally destroyed. It's rightful home should be either with a collection or museum. Where it would be recognized as something important as opposed to just being a dusty leather bound catalogue in mine.

I linked the auction to to my original post as well as here as some expressed interest in it.

Have a great weekend

Here is a link that might be useful: The auction

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1893 Avery Planter Co catalogue for those interested

I hope that an interested collector got it. At that date, it would have been for horse drawn planters. When Dad began farming again in 1947, he 'made do' with a few pieces of horse drawn implements pulled behind a tractor until he could locate (at low cost) more appropriate gear. However there were 3 horse drawn items he continued to use behind the tractor until he retired; These were mower, hay rake, and binder.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here