Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
javaandjazz

Need advice on buying an old lamp from Colonial Premiere Lamp Com

Richard Dollard
13 years ago

We went to a local antiques center yesterday and wandered arounding poking in corners and found an old lamp made by Colonial Premier Lamp company. I found out they were out of Chicago and made high end lamps. This lamp was made of brass and was hand hammered and had an arts and crafts look to it. It had two bulbs rasied up about 5 inches with old candles covers hiding the sockets underneath. The candles covers wer ein poor condition and the lamp needed rewiring and the shade was just plain awful(not original). The finial on top was very cool, looked like a dragon almost and at first we didn't think it was original but the patina was the same as the lamp. The rod that holds the shade could also be adjusted to raise or lower the shade, I thought that was quite unusual. It was tall too, I would guess at least 30". The asking price was $79.00 and it was marked down from something, the seller ripped off the corner where the original asking price was. My question is, do you think it's worth buying at that price and I know I can get new candle covers and rewire the lamp but how can I decide on the shade? Thanks, Richie

Comment (1)