Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on buying an old lamp from Colonial Premiere Lamp Com

Posted by javaandjazz (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 11 at 11:42

We went to a local antiques center yesterday and wandered arounding poking in corners and found an old lamp made by Colonial Premier Lamp company. I found out they were out of Chicago and made high end lamps. This lamp was made of brass and was hand hammered and had an arts and crafts look to it. It had two bulbs rasied up about 5 inches with old candles covers hiding the sockets underneath. The candles covers wer ein poor condition and the lamp needed rewiring and the shade was just plain awful(not original). The finial on top was very cool, looked like a dragon almost and at first we didn't think it was original but the patina was the same as the lamp. The rod that holds the shade could also be adjusted to raise or lower the shade, I thought that was quite unusual. It was tall too, I would guess at least 30". The asking price was $79.00 and it was marked down from something, the seller ripped off the corner where the original asking price was. My question is, do you think it's worth buying at that price and I know I can get new candle covers and rewire the lamp but how can I decide on the shade? Thanks, Richie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on buying an old lamp from Colonial Premiere Lamp

Can't tell a thing without pictures.
New candle covers are available at any lamp shop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here