Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flgirl5_gw

Help identifying gate leg, drop leaf table and ladderback chairs

flgirl5
13 years ago

We just received this table from my grandmother-in-law. She is in her 90s now and doesn't remember all the details of the table and chairs. I know she purchased the drop leaf, gate leg, extension table (extends up to about 101') from a lady in the 1940s. She doesn't know how long that lady had the table before her or where she purchased it. Grandmother purchased the ladderback chairs seperately when she bought the table. I don't think that I see any nails in the chairs. Grandmother lived in Tennessee at the time of purchasing the table and chairs.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Here is a link that might be useful: Table and Chair Photos

Comments (8)

• lindac
    13 years ago

Can't see your pictures....you have made it so you have to join to see your pictures.
    Copy the html code of each picture and paste it in your post.
    Linda C

• flgirl5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I hope this works. If not, is there a way to upload photos on gardenweb? I have the pictures on my computer as well as snapfish.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=2928882024/PictureID=105794590024/a=152671254_152671254/

or

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2928882024/a=152671254_152671254/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Sorry about all the confusion. I don't post to sites very often.

Here is a link that might be useful: Table and Chairs

• lindac
    13 years ago

Sorry....still can't see your pictures....what you ahve posted is a link to your snapfish pictures and it's password protected. you either have to make it public or put the picture into html code for us to see.
    Photobucket is a site that I find more user friendly.

• flgirl5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I hope this works. I signed up for photobucket and made the album public. Here it goes!

Direct Link:
    http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/flgirl5/

Here is a link that might be useful: Table, Ladderback Chairs

• lindac
    13 years ago

Got it....
    I can't see any of the construction details on any of the pieces. The style is "colonial"....but the absence of any wear on the chairs makes be believe thay were new wnhen your GMIL bought them...
    Very nice set...I can't say how old the table is....nor what wood....because I can't see detail from the pictures...
    And I love the corner cabinet.
    Linda c

• flgirl5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I will try to get better pictures. There are actually a lot of knicks on every piece. The laquer on the seats have worn off. 2 will have to be rewoven. The wood is dark. My UIL said it was mahogany. Not sure. If I get more pics, I will add a post to bump this up again. Thanks for looking!

• lindac
    13 years ago

Not mahogany....likely oak...or walnut.
    Anxious for more pics...

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

The table is William and Mary style, so unless its from 1700 , its Revival from early in the 20th c., not antique quite yet.

The rush chairs are also William and Mary, but this style was more enduring as a country style chair so they could be a bit older than the table

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County