Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Table - Any Thoughts on History?

Posted by amsdowntown (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 11:28

Hello

We just picked up this porcelain top table. It has the leafs that slide under and it's in great shape. We just don't know where it came from. It doesn't say any companyname on it and the only reference to the date of it is kind of worn and we can't tell what the date is on it. It looks like it either says 1983 or 1933. Huge difference obviously.

Can anyone tell us anything about it? Pictures are in this album: http://imgur.com/a/ker26

Here is a link that might be useful: Additional Photos of Table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Table - Any Thoughts on History?

I'm going to guess 1933 your table has the same leaves that tuck under the main part of the table as my the coffee table we inherited from my in laws. Sorry not at home now so I can't take any pictures for you.

They immigrated to Canada in 1953 with this coffee table.

This post was edited by ogoopogo on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 20:05

o
RE: Kitchen Table - Any Thoughts on History?

The design on it is classic Art Deco: 1933 would be the better date.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here