Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help; where should i begin?

Posted by taunia (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 19, 11 at 11:04

My husband passed away 9 mos. ago and I have some photos that are 8X10 of JFK. One is JFK getting an autograph from Barbara Striesand. 3 others are JFK with Joey Bishop. I know they have got to be very valuable; my DH told me his dad was a very prominent business man in the Chicago area. I also know that they are authentic photos. I don't want to scan them to show because I'm afraid someone will copy them. I don't know where to start to get them appraised. Can somebody give me direction? TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help; where should i begin?

Not to be a crank, but I doubt that they're all that valuable.
JFK and Streisand?
Life magazine http://www.life.com/image/808364
if it's a candid snapshot from this same event, it might have some value.

Bishop entertained at JFK's inaugural, so I'm guessing that the photos might be from that.

You might check with the JFK library.

Here is a link that might be useful: JFK library

o

You could also search for JFK photo on eBay, checking the Completed Listings box on the left. Scroll through the results to see if any of the photos are comparable to what you have, and how much they sold for. I have to agree with Ideefixe--I doubt they're worth a lot of money. But I don't know a lot about JFK memorabilia.

Good luck!

o

Even autographed JFK photos don't have much value. $10 seems to be about average for this type of photo.

o

Of course, naked in the pool with Marilyn might be worth a bundle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here