Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WW11 BVoth sides (warning nazi)

Posted by jasfind (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 8:42

Hi. One shot is of German arm bands. The filthy twisted cross is ,I guess common. But what about the other two?What are they and any app. value.
The second shot is good old USA. It states
Vanguard in peace
Commander amphibious force
U.S. Atlantic fleet
Spearhead in war

Does this mean that it came from the "old Man's" boat.
12 inches by app1/2 5+ lbs. of bronze.Looks like it's "been there"
much thanks
john

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WW11 BVoth sides (warning nazi)

Did you mean to post a picture?

o

Don't know what's going on.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

o

I wish I knew as much about your things as I do about posting pictures....
I think the German arm bands are those worn by civilians indicating that they were nazi supporters and that they were civilians charged with keeping the peace....must like we had air raid warden arm bands here.
The bronze thing sure looks like "something' but I don't know what.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Bahnhofswache would be rainroad station inspectors. They were not civilians but army troops. Feldgendarmerie are ,military police. They were also commissioned soldiers. So these were military armbands.

The red armband is an NSDAP band, worn by civilian members of the Nazi party.

I do not know what the blue armband is.

There are lots of WWII military souvenier sites. You might try finding one and submitting the blue patch and maybe somebody can identify it.

o

The blue armband is from the RLB ... Reichsluftschutzbund, or National Air Raid Protection League

http://www.feldgrau.com/rlb.html

http://e-militaria.com/catalog/germany_third_reich/RLB_Reichs_Luftschutze_Bund/rlb_gallery/armband_rlb_bevo/index.html

o

Hi people ,and thanks for the imput.I don't know why I had a hard time getting the shots on the site. I used the same method three times.I know some sites don't like nazi items.All war sucks ,and should be remembered by all.
john

o

The brass or bronze piece has two mounting holes. It has a grouping of 3 stars - may indicate rank or significancce. The nomenclature declares "commander amphibious force". I assume this plate refers to a landing craft or a "duck" style vehicle. It could have belonged to something like the "SeaBees". The eagle is carrying a rifle and the other item is an anchor suitable for beach and sediment. The weighted prongs of the anchor are pivoted and will dig in when dragged.

o

Hey Jimdandy. Thanks for the thoughts. I'm kinda wondering if this piece was on the actual commander's ship. That what it's states.Value is another question
john

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here