Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bone China ID, please assist

Posted by Hatterville (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 7:14

I have a old tea set handed down from my grand mother I am 50 so it's old, well I think so. I think my great aunt got it in Europe or England on her travels, but maybe she picked it up in Hong Kong on the way through in the 1950's or 1960's. I want to replace some pieces that were broken in storage and some cups that have some heavy tea stains and crackling.

I don't know the manufacturer or the pattern I have been searching the net for months I found an image once without a link and then it was gone. The only marking is, Guaranteed English Bone China and a number 1730 a backwards l and normal l and marked A on some cups with two dots near the 1730 and a few artist marks that are all the same.

This post was edited by Hatterville on Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 3:53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bone China ID, please assist

I have seen this pattern over the years , it is so pretty I have no idea of the pattern name or company who made it but will be on the look out for it and if I find some will let you know.

o

Email that photo to Replacements, Ltd. They'll ID it for you.

o

Thank You so much any assistance is appreciated.

o

I remove tea stains from my china by pouring about a teaspoon or less of chlorine bleach in a cup or teapot and filling it with water. Let it sit an hour or so, and it will look like new.

o

Thank you that worked but I still need some pieces and after so many searches I still have no idea of the pattern name.

o

Hi,
I don't have an I.D., but I do have 12 cups, 12 saucers, 12 side plates and a cake plate matching your pattern. Unfortunately I am in the UK but I would be happy to send you pictures. If you would like to buy my set (and pay for the shipping) then I am sure we could come to an agreement.
Please let me know if you are still interested in this pattern. :)

o

I have a "jam pot & lid", same colours, same pattern. Marked "Royal Stafford, Bone China, Made in England". The pattern is called "Rosebud".

o

This is a picture of the jam pot.

o

Thank you so much for that it is so helpful now I can shop. Some one has offered me some pieces on this forum so it's looking good already

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here