Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New To old furniture, need help with ago of half moon table

Posted by thomasward00 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 10, 11 at 1:45

I'm not worried about the monetary value, just need help with approx age.

Thanks in advance..

https://picasaweb.google.com/thomasward00/HalfMoonTablePics?authkey=Gv1sRgCLzGtczUt-Ch-gE#

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New To old furniture, need help with ago of half moon table

As those semi lunar tables go, it's one of the nicer ones. It appears to be late 1930's to Late 1940's.
Linda C

o

I have one just about identical to yours that I bought 30 years ago for 10$. It looks like you had to refinish the top, as I did. I still love my little table.:)

o

One of my local Antique dealers looked at the pics today and said it is a DemiLuna table from the 30's...

There is just so much guesswork in Antique furnite...

I bought the table locally for 60 dollars and I'll prob have the top re finished, it is rock solid structurally.

Does anyone have any ideas on who made these tables in the 30's and 40's?

o

It's a Demi lune console table from the 40's or even early 50's. They were made by everyone, Sears Roebuck etc, you probably won't be able to figure out who made it.

o

So it seems as though this wasn't a bad deal for 60 dollars...

I'm not worried about it's monetary value, it just looks great in my home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here