Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathyas_gw

Heywood Wakefield - Swedish Modern c. 1938

CathyAS
9 years ago

I purchased a Swedish Modern bedroom set with dresser, bedframe and vanity and I cannot find out anything about it other than
1. is was only produced in 1938
2. it is rare because of this

Does anyone know what the value of these pieces are? They are in 'original/fair' condition.
Thank you!

Comments (3)

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Pictures?

• lilylore
    9 years ago

Heywood Wakefield is American, so It couldn't be Swedish Modern.

Swedish Modern or Danish Modern as it is sometimes called is a design movement from Scandinavian designers that emerged in the 1950s, and is most commonly associated with the late 1950s thru the 1960s.

Heywood Wakefield is a label that collectors look for, but it depends on condition, style and bed SIZE. Of late, I have seen 'rare' sets like you describe languish at antiques stores for years when they were only asking $600 and had 5 pieces, the bed counting as one.

• HU-84306086828471322
    5 years ago

Going on 4 years late to be commenting but Swedish Modern was a Heywood Wakefield design line in the late 1930's. Condition matters. You probably have by now found The book "Heywood Wakefield Modern Furniture" which has a price guide for all of the many collectible lines of "Heywake" MCM furniture. Does your Vanity have a mirror? if not it's just a desk. Is there a bench or stool? If the marks on the pieces are C3370 and up they are genuine. The finish is probably wheat or champagne or amber or bleached. They probably need to be refinished. They probably would not sell for much but would make a beautiful guest room with some other deco accents. You don't see the older pieces from the 30's very often, someone might just be looking for it. The bed (a single?) great for a kid's room or small guest room, not valuable. The dresser 3 or 4 drawer or the vanity with mirror with a good finish could be 300 to 500 each if you wait long enough.