Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Sterling Collectable

Posted by lindac (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 2, 11 at 21:30

I have a spoon, the pattern is Towle Old Master....and the bowl is Christmas themed, with a snow flake and holly and says....not like engraved for a special occasion, but cast into the spoon "Christmas 2001".
I found it on Ebay.
Since Old Master is my "wedding silver" ( as opposed to stuff I have bought just because!!) I thought I would get the rest of the Christmas series.....but I can't find any.
I can't find any record of the piece that I have...I was beginning to think I dreamed the whole thing....but there is that spoon.
It's not on EBay, not on Replacements....and Google does nothing.
anyone know anything about a Towle Christmas spoon?
Linda C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Sterling Collectable

I found it on a Google search page that I've linked to. When I click on it it goes to a page that doesn't access the site. Weird. Anyway, it's the first item listed under Shopping Results. I see with more searching there's an Ebay store under the name. Could it perhaps be the one you bought? Just curious.

It does show a number 925. Says it's handcrafted. Other than that, I'm stumped!

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Link

o

It might be found in a Collection's guide with things like plates,Precious Moments, & recent collectibles. Look in your local bookstore, a Diane Carnevale put the book together for Collectors' information Bureau members on things like Bradley dolls, Duncan Royale, Enesco Imports, Knowles China, Lladro, Royal Worcester Spode, Gorham, Goebel,Roman,Inc. etc. Companies that make things folks collect in these modern days. The way economy is & this market is probably way down so may have discontinued having books. There was 26 companies like ones I listed that made up this group. This book was published in 1989 when people were collecting everything! With E-bay sellers prices may be more established by them. Lot of antiques shops out here are gone.

o

Woodsey....that sounds like my spoon....can't get a good view....but from what I see, that's it..
Now where are the other year editions.
and it's not hand crafted....it's manufactured and has the towle mark on the back...
Strange....

o

I found it on Replacements, about halfway down the linked page. They don't list any other editions. Curious little bugger, isn't it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Replacements

o

Well....I still can't see it on replacements.....even though you linked the page! LOL!
But I can't believe they made a dated Christmas spoon and didn't make another year.
Thanks for searching.
Linda c

o

This may be the one on the Replacements page. It's referred to as a Tablespoon (Serving Spoon).

http://images.replacements.com/images/images5/flatware/T/towle_old_master_sterling_1942_tablespoon_serving_spoon_P0000106633S0967T2.jpg

o

Hmm....no that's not it.
I'll try again to get a picture that shows detail. It's teaspoon length with a bowl that looks rather like a sugar spoon.
So now there is another...but not dated...
I wonder what's up with that?

o

It's on the page Woodsy linked with "XMAS 2001" in the description column. And that's all they can say.

I don't suppose the manufacturer would be helpful? It looks recent enough.

And hey! I have the tea set for that pattern!

o

I still can't see the listing on replacements......
But here's my spoon with all the reflections...:(
Photobucket

o

If you look part way down this list, you`ll see an entry marked Teaspoon Xmas 2001. I believe that`s the one that Woodsy is talking about, but it`s not the same as yours though.

Photobucket

o

Still no resolve on this....I am about to put the spoon away for another year....perhaps then I can find some answers.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here