Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Mystery Sterling Collectable

lindac
13 years ago

I have a spoon, the pattern is Towle Old Master....and the bowl is Christmas themed, with a snow flake and holly and says....not like engraved for a special occasion, but cast into the spoon "Christmas 2001".

I found it on Ebay.

Since Old Master is my "wedding silver" ( as opposed to stuff I have bought just because!!) I thought I would get the rest of the Christmas series.....but I can't find any.

I can't find any record of the piece that I have...I was beginning to think I dreamed the whole thing....but there is that spoon.

It's not on EBay, not on Replacements....and Google does nothing.

anyone know anything about a Towle Christmas spoon?

Linda C

Comments (11)

• woodsy_1
    13 years ago

I found it on a Google search page that I've linked to. When I click on it it goes to a page that doesn't access the site. Weird. Anyway, it's the first item listed under Shopping Results. I see with more searching there's an Ebay store under the name. Could it perhaps be the one you bought? Just curious.

It does show a number 925. Says it's handcrafted. Other than that, I'm stumped!

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Link

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

It might be found in a Collection's guide with things like plates,Precious Moments, & recent collectibles. Look in your local bookstore, a Diane Carnevale put the book together for Collectors' information Bureau members on things like Bradley dolls, Duncan Royale, Enesco Imports, Knowles China, Lladro, Royal Worcester Spode, Gorham, Goebel,Roman,Inc. etc. Companies that make things folks collect in these modern days. The way economy is & this market is probably way down so may have discontinued having books. There was 26 companies like ones I listed that made up this group. This book was published in 1989 when people were collecting everything! With E-bay sellers prices may be more established by them. Lot of antiques shops out here are gone.

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Woodsey....that sounds like my spoon....can't get a good view....but from what I see, that's it..
    Now where are the other year editions.
    and it's not hand crafted....it's manufactured and has the towle mark on the back...
    Strange....

• woodsy_1
    13 years ago

I found it on Replacements, about halfway down the linked page. They don't list any other editions. Curious little bugger, isn't it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Replacements

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well....I still can't see it on replacements.....even though you linked the page! LOL!
    But I can't believe they made a dated Christmas spoon and didn't make another year.
    Thanks for searching.
    Linda c

• justlinda
    13 years ago

This may be the one on the Replacements page. It's referred to as a Tablespoon (Serving Spoon).

http://images.replacements.com/images/images5/flatware/T/towle_old_master_sterling_1942_tablespoon_serving_spoon_P0000106633S0967T2.jpg

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hmm....no that's not it.
    I'll try again to get a picture that shows detail. It's teaspoon length with a bowl that looks rather like a sugar spoon.
    So now there is another...but not dated...
    I wonder what's up with that?

• Fori
    13 years ago

It's on the page Woodsy linked with "XMAS 2001" in the description column. And that's all they can say.

I don't suppose the manufacturer would be helpful? It looks recent enough.

And hey! I have the tea set for that pattern!

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I still can't see the listing on replacements......
    But here's my spoon with all the reflections...:(

• justlinda
    13 years ago

If you look part way down this list, you`ll see an entry marked Teaspoon Xmas 2001. I believe that`s the one that Woodsy is talking about, but it`s not the same as yours though.

{{gwi:1375508}}

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Still no resolve on this....I am about to put the spoon away for another year....perhaps then I can find some answers.
    Linda C