Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachydeva

Another vintage bracelet - Italian?

peachydeva
14 years ago

Here is another bracelet with hand painted glass buttons pasted into metal links.

This is not a finely crafted piece; it is very light weight and the painted buttons are not centered. I'm thinking maybe a souvenir bracelet? I think the one drawing looks like Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence, Italy. Not sure about the dark stain on the metal either.

{{gwi:1375103}}

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Di

Comments (8)

• justlinda
    14 years ago

I'm thinking the shiny gold colored closures look "added-on". With the holes it looks like they may be from a necklace or something with strands.

• lindac
    14 years ago

Is that painting on those buttons reverse painting on glass?
    The metal is "carp" but the glass looks kind of nice to me....

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Looks similar to some bracelets from Mexico, they sometimes make do with what they have. Look carefully on the end pieces where it fastens together as may be some kind of mark. What do backs of glass part look like, is glass glued in from front?

• peachydeva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LindaC... the painting appears to be on the surface and painted over with something clear. What is "carp" metal? It does not attract a magnet.

Sunnyca... There are no markings on the clasp and I can't see the backs of the glass because the base is all metal with the button just glued to the metal from the front.

Does the dark stain on the metal have any significance? It looks intentional.

thanks, Di

• lindac
    14 years ago

"carp" metal is forum-ese for cr@p...LOL!
    I am sure the dark stain on the metal is just an attempt at an "antique" look.

• peachydeva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL! love that... it is definitely crappy metal, very light weight. So I guess what I have here is a cheap, rather old souvenir bracelet of about zero value in terms of its artistry, material, or history. Would you agree?

• sweeby
    14 years ago

... but some nice buttons! ;-)

• peachydeva
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! :) I'll be keeping this silly old thing I think.