Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
selenda

Home Interiors figurine

selenda
17 years ago

I have a figurine of a mother holding a baby that I received in 1988 she sold for over a hundred dollars then. She is numbered. the number is 8809, and also a mark that is two crossed swords with a circle between the two points of the swords. I was wondering is someone might know something about it, or might possibly know where I might find out. I ve been curious for years.

Selenda

Comments (6)

• lindac
    17 years ago

You mean the company that sells on the party plan?
    I am afraid that is a line of stuff that didn't hold the value...
    I couldn't find a picture, but I did find a refrence to that item # 8809 listed for $12.50.
    So often "collectables" are not able to be sold for nearly what you paid for them 10 years after buying. Be very aware of items that have a "contrived value"...that is a values based on current hyped availability. It's a good way of "playing the market"...but you have to know your stuff...
    I have friends who made a couple of thousand on colectors plates....but what they sold for $1,000 in 1980 is now worth much much less.
    As someone once said...."gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em".
    Keep in mind I am not looking at your item....but I suspect you held this one too long.
    Linda C

• amcofar
    17 years ago

Selenda,
    Just because a particular item hasn't yet increased in value doesn't mean it won't in the future. When the powers that be deem something to be "hot" then that item becomes a brisk commodity on eBay or at a flea market.

Anyway, just because an item won't bring big bucks if you were to sell it doesn't mean it's not worth anything. If it has sentimental value to you, then that's the greatest worth of all.

• Keithbertus_aol_com
    13 years ago

I have some of the earlier home interior pictures that were made. The cheeta picture and sconces. And other items.I would like to find a buyer.

• re1211_live_com
    13 years ago

I have about 32 denim days and endangered figurines.I would like to sell them but don't know what to price them.I am disabled and not able to get out and try to sell them. If you could let me know if you can help me.Thse are from 1985 and on. God Bless You.

• ruthgrep_sbcglobal_net
    12 years ago

I have a complete set of the old people statutes they are about 30-35 years old i am downsizing from a house to a trailer and have no room to display them phone number 616-304-2801 grand rapids michigan they need a new home all in like new condition.

• j_r_m_chartermi_net
    12 years ago

I have 2 piggy plates and 2 matching cups that are aprox 32 yrs old from home interior. They are in perfect condition and I am looking to sell them.