Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japanese Whistling Tea Set Circa 60's

Posted by mlchrt4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 20, 10 at 16:49

I've got a 15 piece tea set that my brother sent to my Mom from Japan. I've got 10 pics for anyone interested, who may help me figure out any info or value on this. I don't know how or even if you can post pics here. Anyone wanting pics, please email me at mlchrt4@comcast.net. You can view a few of the pics at the listed url. Thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: Japanese Whistling Tea Set

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japanese Whistling Tea Set Circa 60's

Looks like a typical 60s style. I don't think it's anything rare or valuable, but it's pretty.

Why don't you try it out and see if it whistles?

o
RE: Japanese Whistling Tea Set Circa 60's

I have a couple sake sets of the same design and composition. Those are nice, and very indicative of the type of pottery not typically touristy and flashy. My sets came from around Gunma prefecture, made in local pot shops. Yours are a set made for Western tastes (creamer and sugar and handles on the cups). Why do you call them 'whistling'? Is there something on/in them I'm not seeing?

These aren't "junk"....it's a nice set. I don't know what they'd be getting stateside, since most Americans opted for the flashy stuff........though this is more authentic of styles you'd actually see in use in that time frame.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here