Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medallion Liquid Silver Report

Posted by javaandjazz (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 16:38

Ok, I just got the bottle of Medallion Liquid Silver from Amazon.com. I used it on the meriden bearded iris small piece that I showed you all the other day and it did not work at all. I have a Leonard electroplate champagne bucket with some of the brass showing through so I figured that will be next. It worked much better on that but left the finish very dull. It did hide the brassy areas and it looks good enough but that's it. I guess it's better than nothing! There is some plate missing right where the handles meet the body and it did nothing in those areas. Now I remember reading on amazon someone else said it worked better on copper and brass plated items and I have found the same thing here. So I guess this is something you all will have to try yourselves but I wouldn't rush out to buy it right away. Richie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medallion Liquid Silver Report

Thanks for great follow-up. Nice to get a first-hand report. Have lots of silverplate that could use a touch-up, but maybe I'll skip this product.

o

Thanks for sharing. WIsh it had worked better!

o

Wonder if another brand would work better?

o

Linda, I'll leave it up to you to try another brand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here