Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cwoodffr

Can anyone tell me what this chandelier might be worth?

cwoodffr
14 years ago

Its iron, about 36 inches in diameter and is in working order.
{{gwi:1374052}}From Drop Box
{{gwi:1374054}}From Drop Box
{{gwi:1374055}}From Drop Box

Comments (9)

• lazy_gardens
    14 years ago

$5 at a garage sale.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Do you have the bulbs for it? Might be very hard to find. Those that want a rustic, old west look but husband more into it than wife, she might like that as the lights are fairly dainty & might ease the pain of "wild west" in the den or family room. They used to be popular years ago, I've been in houses with some. Some actor had home he gave to state in L.A. & it has lot of that kind of stuff. Should sell well on ebay to someone trying on the "west" for size!! Place Prince Charles was playing polo & I think he got hurt a little. Tom Mix maybe??

• texasredhead
    14 years ago

Is your purpose to sell the chandelier or only curious about value. I installed a number of this type of chandelier in a large winery with my electrician son. If you want to sell it, put it on craigslist and ask what you think it is worth.

• Fori
    14 years ago

Roy Rogers has a place in the LA area with a polo field. Maybe? I remember a stuffed Trigger.

I think. Wow it's been a while...

I like it.

• colleenoz
    14 years ago

If you were doing a Wild West theme why would you buy a chandelier with knights' shields all around it?

• sweeby
    14 years ago

I'd guess it stems from the early-to-mid 1970's Mediterranean Spanish-look period, but could easily be used in a modern version of Old World, Old West or Mediterranean Rustic place.

I wouldn't think it has extra real value as an antique -- but could be priced far enough below a similar modern piece to attract bargain hunters.

• Ideefixe
    14 years ago

Here in LA, there's lots of Spanish style houses, and people go for this style. Google around and I'm sure you'll find ones like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scroll down for chandelier

• moonshadow
    14 years ago

I don't have a clue what it might be worth.
    But if you want to find some comparable in new, lighting universe has 17 pages of "Iron, Rustic, Lodge" look chandeliers. There are some very heavy (and pricey) ones in there. Perhaps someone looking for something like that would be willing to pay a decent price, if it was far less than retail? (Unless of course it's a true antique, which could be another matter altogether.)

• peachydeva
    14 years ago

About $5.00 at a garage sale... unless you live in L.A. If you want to sell it... I would check similar items on ebay... gothic, medieval chandeliers would give you an idea. Much better bet than a garage sale.
    Di