Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French farm table

Posted by nosoccermom (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 13:46

What do you think of this table on Ebay? I'm still looking for a sturdy and practical dining table.

Here is a link that might be useful: French farm table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French farm table

Pretty. I don't know if it's old or new, French antique or Indonesian from Costplus World Market, but it's very appealing!

But...30" deep? That's fairly narrow. No place for feet with the stretcher, and no chairs on the ends period. I'm not sure it's practical. Is it located where you cab check it out in person before bidding? I think you'd have to sit at it (and jiggle it!) to see if it would work.

o

DH's late aunt had a similar table. It was OK for up to four people and made a good buffet table, but not practical for larger groups. It's a pretty table.

o

Thanks so much for the feedback. Not going to work, then. I need a dining table that can seat 8 people comfortably. Will keep on looking.

o

eight people needs min of 3 x 24 = 72" between legs to sit three on each side comfortably plus another 15-20" on each end for the people at the heads, so something life 100" for 8 comfortably. make sure to find out the distance between the legs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here