Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with pricing a information-dominos

Posted by matthewdnichols (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 12, 11 at 12:19

I have someone who is wanting to sell what they are calling a 1940's South Pacific card dominos. They listed on another antique site as ivory and silver. I don't have a clear photo of the ones I will be looking at but I do have have the link to another set online http://www.instappraisal.com/content/antique-ivorysilver-dominoes-complete-set there is no listing of price on this other site. I can not find an ebay listing nor can I find them anywhere else on the web. It is important to note I am looking at complete set in the original box in mint condition. If you can help respond on here or call me at 316-680-0019.

Matt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with pricing a information-dominos

Hmmmm....Are you the seller?

o

Not of these that are in the link. I am looking to by a different set that is in mint condition in the original box. I was wondering what they are worth and what they are. This guy has his grandmother's estate and needs some cash. I want to help him out but I also don't want to give him $100 and find out they are worth nothing. If you have information about them call me at 316-680-0019 or hit me back on here.

Thanks

Matt

o

"I want to help him out" .... "I also don't want to give him $100 and find out they are worth nothing."

Are you planning to resell it to recover the $100? If you could only resell them for $10 would you ask him for $90 back? If you could resell them for $10,000 would you give him $9,900?

Either help the guy out or not, but buying antiques for resale is always a crapshoot.

o

No but I would give him maybe another $400 to $500.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here