Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mojomclean

What kind of lamo shade I have here

mojomclean
9 years ago

Hobi recently moved into a 150 year old home found this Tiffany style shade its measurements are 1.9 feet wide and 1 foot tall its a nice side and it appears it has the lead in it I've looked all over this shade and cannot find a single marking but can't find one Mabey u all know what I have here if anything I found until the basement and it's beautiful

Comments (8)

• sombreuil_mongrel
    9 years ago

I don't think the cool base goes so well with the shade, which is meh.
    I think it's a later assemblage, because the brass ring turning spool-thingy has a completely different finish from the patina of the base.
    I couldn't find any actual Tiffany shade in a cloche shape (with the flared skirt) but the general quality and glass itself surely is repro-grade, and not of the period.
    Casey

• mojomclean
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have it on a new lamp stand the shade its self has the lead and the aging going on here is a close up do u think it's at least older

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

I have linked a similar style below from QVC. Your close-up shows typical stained glass work of today, as it looks similar to 2 stained glass panels that I've bought in the last 5 years from Craigslist.

I don't have a close-up but their construction is just like yours on both. Here's one, in a bathroom window for privacy.

{{gwi:2132476}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiffany Style Handcrafted Floral Cloche Table Lamp

• mojomclean
    Original Author
    9 years ago

okay i wasnt sure i am still gunna go ahead and have someone look it over !! I AM GIVING IT TO MY MOTHER she is going bonkers over it even though it isnt tiffany its still beautiful to me

• colleenoz
    9 years ago

That's fine if you like it but stylistically to me it looks like the kind of thing that was big in the 70s.

• jemdandy
    9 years ago

A maker's mark on a lamp shade may be very small. Look over the inside surface with a magnifying glass, and then the outside surface. Start with the bottom rim and then the top rim. If you do not find a mark, then look everywhere else.

• chibimimi
    9 years ago

Could we see a better shot of the lamp base? It looks very interesting.

• woodrose
    9 years ago

I don't know if it's old or new, Tiffany or not, but it's very pretty and if you and your mom love it, that's what counts. A handmade stained-glass shade always has some value, even if it wasn't made by some famous person or company. I hope your mom enjoys it for many years.