Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help Identify Crystal Punch Bowl

Posted by Sopon (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 26, 12 at 6:42

I was given a house warming present a few years back. what seems to be is a 2 piece crystal punch bowl. From what i can tell is it looks as if it could be used as two different bowls or just one with a pedestal. I'm hoping that it is an American Brilliant period cut glass piece, but that may be wishful thinking. As for details, i was unable to locate any marking, it rings quite nicely when flicked, sawtooth on both rims has some chipping along with scratches here and there. I can't tell whether or not is has mold lines, but it does look as if some of the patterns and cuts all around the bowls are not all identical, some lines are sharper, some are rounder, not sure if that helps or not. Also, was the frosted design even done during that time period? I am unable to find any other that resembles this online. So at this point i would LOVE to get any and all opinions.
Thank you sooo very much.

and here are some pictures. Hope it helps.

Bottom Piece
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Top Piece
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Together
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help Identify Crystal Punch Bowl

Lovely bowl....I hope you use it now and then.
It's not American Brilliant Period cut. You are right, they didn't do that frosting stuff. It's hard to tell for sure without touching But I think it's one of those pieces that are pressed and then embellished with wheel cutting.
Feel the edges of....say those fans toward the top....then feel the cross hatching on the stars partly down the column. I believe you will feel a difference in sharp edges.
There has been a lot of "semi-cut" glass in high lead content that came out of Poland, Germany,and the slovakias and slovenias since about 1960. Very nice glass, but not American Brilliant Period.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here